Monday, November 19, 2007

The Little Conch.


I've just come across such a nice blog - The Little Conch - written by Jahnavi devi (pictured above). When we mentioned Kripamoya's blog a little while ago, we had no idea that his estimable daughter Jahnavi writes one too.

Jahnavi's 'boring details' (as she puts it!) are as follows: "I live in England, near the wonderful Bhaktivedanta Manor. I am studying for a BA in English Language and Communication with Creative Writing, at Middlesex University (just finished first year). I also study South Indian Bharatanatyam dance and Carnatic music (singing and violin) which I love."

And the blog itself is filled with the more interesting details of Jahnavi's life - her own poems, pictures, reflections -tastefully presented and refreshingly chaste. Jahnavi has just come back from a Kartik trip to Vrindavana and there are some posts and pictures up about that, right now.

It's also interesting that Jahnavi is one of a first generation of Vaishnavas born into 'Western' families in the British Isles; her blog shows how Krishna consciousness is a very natural way of life for her, yet that she appreciates the richness and privilege of her cultural heritage.

I hope you'll like The Little Conch as much as I do! And I like it very much indeed.

P.S. When you're on bare-foot pilgrimage in Vrindavana, your feet do get dirty...

1 comment:

Jahnavi said...

Haribol :D Thankyou for the link - it's always nice to know that what I'm writing has some value to people reading it - may I ask who the author of this blog is? I hope you continue writing this blog also, it's really nice.

Hare krsna,
Jahnavi